616 916 1383
Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI — B.S.
Computer Science (Math minor)
2011 - 2015
- Computer Science (GPA: 3.84); Mathematics minor (GPA: 3.87)
- Member of GVSU ACM International Programming Contest (2012-2015)
- Member of GVSU Upsilon Pi Epsilon, International Honor Society for CS
Rails/Elixir Developer, Boston, MA
2015 - Present
- Led the development of web applications based on client specifications
using Ruby on Rails and Elixir (with Phoenix).
- Drove the long term technical design/strategy of Elixir applications.
- Evaluated new tools in our Software Technology stack (like Docker,
Asterisk, Kubernetes) and finalized their implementation strategy.
- Mentored and trained junior (and senior) level developers.
- Built several tools and Domain Specific Languages to facilitate and improve
Software Engineer (Intern), Grand Rapids, MI
May 2015 - August 2015
- Single-handedly developed a real-time ZPL interpreter product for QAD.
This application would render a QR code label from ZPL code before printing.
- Assisted product enhancements in QAD’s ERP Software using Progress
OpenEdge, Java and C#.
Tutor (Computer Science, Physics, Math), Grand Rapids, MI
Grand Valley State University
September 2014 - January 2017
- Tutored students in Java, Ruby, C++ and Linux command-line.
Rummage — Search, Sort and Pagination for Ecto (Elixir)
Wrote (and maintaining) an open source library for ecto’s search, sort
and pagination queries, with HTML support for Phoenix.
Akd — Deployment Automation Library (Elixir)
Wrote (and maintaining) an open source library to deploy elixir apps.
Adify — Dev Environment Setter (Elixir)
Wrote a package which sets up my dev environment from a scratch.
Orloj — Command Line Time Tracker (Elixir)
Wrote a cli time tracker using OTP and Process-oriented programming
Hit — Functional language [in progress] (C, Hit)
Writing a functional programmable language for command line apps
Elixir (OTP, Phoenix, Ecto),
Ruby (Rails, Rspec), Haskell,
C, MySQL, Postgres,
Docker, Linux (Arch, RPM,
Debian), Mac OS X.
Erlang (OTP, Mnesia), Elm,
Redis, Rust, Java, Asterisk,
others’ code quickly,
Evaluating new tools and
learning them from ground
Reading Open Source code,
Learning and Evaluating new
Pairing with developers (and
non-developers) on fun
projects, Evaluating and
Improving my list of Dev
Tools, Playing Music,
Basketball and Board Games.