COVID-19 Infection Model and Simulation
This is a simulation for a simplified version of COVID-19 infection model in a closed system. This can be used to visualize how the infection rate and the number of deaths are affected when we change the proportion of actors that are social distancing or the initial proportion of the actors that are infected.
The Simulation automatically stops when no
positive actors are left
This model makes several assumptions for simplicity’s sake:
- Once recovered, an actor is immune to COVID 19
- Actors do not have any contact when social distancing
- Average time an actor is infectious is 14 days
- Probability of an actor to die due to COVID 19 is
- Probability of an actor getting infected when in range of an infectious actor is
- Probably more….